Thursday, August 19, 2010

Leaving Iraq!!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-ms-newequipment,0,4434788.story
Hi all, you may have all already seen this, but just in case you stay out of the news like I do, I thought I'd put it in here.  It 's a start, let's hope it will pass on over to Afghanistan and Kuwait although they are saying that a lot of guys are just leaving Iraq to go to Kuwait and Afghanistan, is that any better?  Well, if something were to happen and the guys who are now in training in Mississippi weren't needed over there, I am not sure how happy a lot of them would be.  So many of these guys have trained hard and are chomping at the bit to get over there and use their wicked skills. I think a lot of them would be upset and let down to not go!!!  Hard to believe, but I know how Dave thinks, and I am sure that there are many more like Dave out there!  I know that a lot of people think that it is crazy that soldiers are actually looking forward to going into combat, how could that be?  BUT, in my experience in living with a soldier (and a really hard core one at that!) they want their chance to go over there and use the skills that they have been building for years and years and to be able to have a part in helping spread peace!  Not that I am saying that I like it, or that I don't think that they are CRAZY for feeling that way, but I do understand it! And to be truethfull, those are the guys who will fight to their very deaths without giving up...and they are the very ones that we want over there!! I hate war, am not for it, but have to put that aside and support the soldiers who are over there putting their lives on the lines for us!
Below is a link that Dave sent me about new uniforms, a bit zzzzzzzzzzzzz, and I would have like to see pictures, but it is additional information anyhow.


Talk soon guys, Chttp://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-ms-newequipment,0,4434788.story

Below is a picture Dave sent to me from Mississippi...pretty cool!

No comments: