Tuesday, July 19, 2011

More New News!

Hello!!  We finally heard from Dave today!!!  He was exhausted!  Sounded like he was going to fall asleep while we talked!  He was in Wisconsin, and said he should be home some time next week.  I asked him were he was going to be released from, DesMoines, or Sioux City, he said he wasn't sure, but he hoped it would be DesMoines.  He was so tired, it got to where I couldn't understand me!!  He said that he would call us tomorrow. (Wednesday, the 20th) I asked him if they were having a homecoming ceremony, and he said there would be one in  Sioux City, DesMoines and maybe Boone (?) I can't remember the third one.  I then asked if we should go, and he asked why??  He just doesn't get it!!!  He said it wouldn't be many people, around 50 or so.  I then checked my email, and saw this..  I will let you know what else I learn!

IOWA NATIONAL GUARD
Mission Focused – Warrior Ready

Troop A, 1st Squadron, 113th Cavalry (unit is based at Camp Dodge) and selected members of other Iowa National Guard units (approximately 45 Soldiers) Homecoming ceremony starts at 1:30 p.m. at the Freedom Center, Camp Dodge Joint Maneuver Training Center, 7105 NW 70th Ave., Johnston. This homecoming will include selected members of Troop A, 1st Squadron, 113th Cavalry (Johnston); Co. D, 334th Brigade Support Battalion (Sioux City); Co. C, 1st Battalion,168th Infantry (Johnston); Brigade Special Troops Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team (Cedar Rapids); Battery A, 1st Battalion, 194th Field Artillery (Estherville); and Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 1st Battalion, 194th Field Artillery (Fort Dodge). Buses will enter Iowa via Interstate 35 South, exit onto Interstate 80 West, then take Exit 131 for Merle Hay Road in Johnston to NW 70th Ave., then left onto NW 70th Ave. to Camp Dodge.

No comments: