Sunday, April 24, 2011

A note from Dave

Hi all, the kids and I just returned from a wonderful trip for Easter to Cedar Rapids..great weekend with family!  We were busy unloading and unwinding when I got a call from the FRG (Family Readiness Group) phone tree.  I tell you, unless you have been on the receiving end of a phone tree call about your soldier, you will never understand the flip that your stomach gets once you hear that you are getting a call from the phone tree!!  I was informed that there was an accident and injuries in Afghanistan, but  "if my soldier was involved, I would have already heard about it".  Just in case they were wrong about my being notified about "my" solider, I went to my email in search of an email from Dave!  This is what I found-

All:
    Just wanted to let you know that I am fine.
    If you are following REDHORSE or REDBULLS, this week has been
tough. We have had a number of engagements with the enemy and taken 7
WIA and 1 KIA.
    Although I was in the field with one of the actions I was not
wounded - I am fine.
   
 LTC David A. Updegraff
TF REDHORSE
Commanding

Love to you all, hope you had a great Easter!!

No comments: