Tuesday, March 1, 2011

No News Is Good News, right?

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted!  Things are busy at home, and Dave has been busy also.  We haven't heard much from him, which I suppose means he is out in the field a lot.  (Which makes him very happy!) We have tried a few times to talk on Skype (this is really cool if you have people who live in another city, state or even country..look into it, it's free!) but the connection isn't very good.  The picture is not great, and usually we have to type because the voice is messed up too.  I know that I just said that Skype is great, and now I am talking about what problems we've been having, but we have Skyped to China, Czeck Republic, and Greece and haven't had any problems with that....guess those war zones don't have great reception!
Anyhow, Dave hasn't even emailed us much, but I try not to worry about it.  If I tell Dave that I was worried because I hadn't heard from him, his response is always "It is a war zone!"  Typical Dave!  So, he seems to be doing well, can't talk too much about things, but tells me all I need to know...which I am sure is half of what is truly going on, which is fine by me!!  He is still disappointed that he isn't in the field much....oh well!  A few weeks ago, he sent me about four pictures. They were just titled "Mission" and one of them was titled "me as a politician".  I asked him to give me more information so I could explain them when I posted them, but I haven't gotten any more about them, so I will just post them and you can make up your own stories. :O)  There are five photos and Dave is in "pre-mission brief" and "golden shovels".  You'll see that he has slimmed down, which he is happy about.  Who wouldn't slim down without the tv to sit in front of at night and food when ever you need it!  I might need to go there for... a while...and with Katie being 14 going on 21, I just might enjoy it!!
On the home front, we are all sad here!!  My sister Terry who came to stay with us and help us out while Dave is gone is going back to Iowa.  She has been here since August of last year and wants to go home to be with her husband for a while.  She has been such a great help to us, but she doesn't realize how much!  It is so nice just to have another adult around, not just for me, but to help out with the kids, cook, clean, homework, discipline (as much as an Aunt can!) and even taxi when needed.  She has also gotten me to the gym quite a bit, and her biggest accomplishment while here was getting Jack excited about reading!  He has never been very interested in books, and I have always had to fight him when it came to his reading homework.  Terry found a cool series that really spiked Jacks interest, and just made it fun and enjoyable for him...he reads one page, and she reads one page......I think Jack likes that cause he isn't doing all of the "work".  The series had three books, and they just finished the last one last week!  I just hope that with her gone, he will keep his interest going....I think he will since I have found him off in his room reading by himself lately!!  If she hadn't done anything else while here, it would have been fine with me, because this accomplishment alone is worth so much to me!!  We are really going to miss her while she is gone.  I think Jack will suffer the most, he has loved having two "moms" to dote on him, what young kid wouldn't?  Katie, on the other way, is a little to "cool" to admit how much she likes her here, she has said at times that it is like having two moms here yelling at her and telling her what to do!!  Well, she needs it!  Terry is much more up on cool tv shows like Glee, and American Idol, and fashion, make up, actors and actresses so she isn't too terrible in Katie's eyes!   Terry isn't sure what she will do next, and she is hoping to come back and stay for at least two weeks once it gets warmer...or maybe even longer, we will see!  ***With the pictures, double click on them and a menu comes up under it so you can enlarge it to see better!






Well, that is about it for now, all is going well, the kids are more or less happy, doing well in school, sports and activities, and I am doing fine too.  Enjoy the pictures, and keep looking for new posts, even though I may take a while to put anything on here!

:O)

No comments: