Friday, November 5, 2010

New Address

Hey all, we are back from our vacation!  We have been back for a week, it has taken me this long to get the time to post anything. We had a wonderful time, the house was beautiful, the beach was right outside of the house, and for the first three days it was in the upper 80's and the ocean was like bath water!  Dave and I slept with the windows in our room open and listened to the waves all night!  Wayyyy coool!  We saw egrets, some cute birds called some kind of tern...they sat on the posts in the water facing the sun and kept summing themselves, there were tons of hermit crab thingys and Jack collected 496 while we were there...believe me, he counted!....then there were fiddler like crabs with only one pincer, seagulls, sandpipers, pelicans and on the last day, the dolphins made an appearance to say good-bye!  On the last two days, it cooled down quite a bit, and got pretty windy, so we weren't able to go out on a boat to fish...Jack was pretty upset about it, but he got over it.  As you will see in the pictures, he was able to fish right in back, on the shore....but he didn't catch anything there.  He did catch two fish when he went a special place with Dave.  I could go on and on, but you will learn more by looking at the photos. You will see many posts in the water, they are remnants of the piers that were torn down (along with MANY houses) when Katrina went through!  Not sure how many I can post here, but all of them are on my FaceBook account, so go look there if you want! 

***The last address I gave you has changed, this is the new one Dave me!
 Soldiers Name (Last, First)
 D Co., 1-113 CAV
 Bagram Airfield APO AE 09354 

..

They are planning to leave within the next few days....Dave can't give us an exact date.  ALSO, Dave is not able to see the Blog, he saw it for the first time while we were on vacation.....I am only getting comments from two people tho!  Come on, people, just sign up, it is FREE....and make a comment.  I will send them all on to Dave once he is able to get email!

1 comment:

Melissa Johnson said...

My name is Melissa Funk, I am engaged to Ted Johnson (Dave's incredibly PROUD friend!). Since today is Veterans Day, I decided to pull up this blog and see if there were any updates. It sounds like you had a nice trip together before Dave went overseas, and I'm sure these chances to spend time together are so cherished.
Thank you Dave, and thank you to your whole family for the sacrifices you have all made. We appreciate you today, and every day for the freedom we so often take for granted. Take care, be safe, and we will check back soon!